Just landed in the country of mountains and chocolate...

They say first impressions count. For me that's good then. Switzerland is just as beautiful as everyone says. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been apprehensive about moving here. It seems to be a country that nobody really knows much about; it has a language that has the same name as one I studied, but that I absolutely cannot understand; the locals have a terrible reputation as being cold and unfriendly; and that is to say nothing about the cost of living, and me on a terrible salary. However, after Tim collected me from the airport yesterday and took me to our new flat, my worries were completely gone.

Our new flat - temporary for the summer - is spacious, airy and painted in bright colours making it cheerful. It has a positive aura. Only a short train journey from the city and yet in the countryside, it is just a perfect location. We are surrounded by rolling hills, fields and trees - and just down the road is a lake, where we can go swimming after work. Since I landed the weather has been beautiful, apart from a dramatic thunderstorm last night. I can't understand the locals and I would be lying if I said the food was anything less than unutterably and ridiculously expensive, but something tells me it will all be worth it. I feel incredibly blessed that I can live here with Tim, and climb onto the first step of the ladder leading to a career in journalism. Could I have it any better?...
Share:
© Emmy in Switzerland | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig