A North Yorkshire New Year ...

Wishing everyone lots of success and happiness in 2012. I safely made it out of a blustery Britain yesterday, and have arrived in Zurich after a wonderful indulgence in Britain over Christmas and New Year. I spent a lovely few days in Newport with family an friends. It's always nice to have home comforrs again, and breathe the air of the countryside you grew up in. I miss the open, rural landscape of East Yorkshire at times. Christmas decorations and a delicious Organic turkey from Farndale made Christmas come alive, along with the company of friendly faces.

New Year was a highlight. Tim and I spent it in Farndale - the epitome of a calming landscape, goo for the mind and soul. Visits to York, Kirkbymoorside and Thirsk gave us plenty of opportunity to enjoy the fantastic British shops (I don't know why European cities don't use them as a model) and lots of veg straight from the garden cleansed our bodies.

The New Year was brought in very stylishly with a black tie inner party at the Old Vicarage with Elsa and Dad's close friends, and the icing put on the cake on New Year's Day when we visited Whitby. The salty air, fishy smells and chilling breeze of the seaside revived my mind - and the best fish and chips I've ever tasted satisfied my appetite. The weather was overcast, but this served to heighten Whitby's atmosphere - I could imagine Dracula emerging from the shadowy abbey at any moment. Now we're back in Zurich, we have skiing and sledging to look forward to, as well as Argentine Tango classes.. wish us luck!
Share:
© Emmy in Switzerland | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig